Sunday 8 March 2009

My camera is fixed!

managed to somehow pull out the lens so that there was no longer a lens error.  Awesome, now I don't need to waste any money on a new camera. Perfect! Since last post have seen the MoMA for free (waste of time, though fun to people watch the people that went there), gone to Books of Wonder, a children's book store to hear Neil Gaiman read from his new book, Blueberry Girl, and see Charles Vess' artwork for the book. Was very good, and apart from the queue for the signing was very good and I got two books signed with little illustrations in them. Hurrah! Went to Wall Street afterwards and saw the Stock Exchange and went to the Staten Island ferry set-off point and saw the Statue of Liberty from far away, before heading back to 5th Avenue for more shopping where I resisted temptation (not enough money or space to carry things) by reading my freshly signed copy of Smoke and Mirrors. Then off to Chinatown, which is like a completely different city, for foods. Nom!

Today Alysia is leaving us for Canada again (boooo!) so we're going to Magnolia Bakery for cupcakes and then we're going to sit outside the Met museum again and take pictures in the sunshine(ish) and then I have no idea what we're going to do, but we're leaving this apartment on Monday for the Bronx I believe.

Saw the most disgustingest insect yesterday in our apartment.... it scuttled from the wall to under my backpack, which was fine because I thought it had 6 legs.... and then it scuttled out and it had very many legs! Ewwwww! Alysia killed it and Cassy laughed at me for being such a girl. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Good news about the camera!!!!
    Have fun with the books and the chinese foods.

    Lots of Love
    Mum

    ReplyDelete